Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gonna be a long week...

I have to put in ten hours at the UCLA zoo-archaeology lab this week, while still putting in 40+ hours for Raytheon. I stayed at work until midnight to get ahead on hours and prepare for my 10 am briefing tomorrow morning. The briefing's to some quite important mucky-mucks, but it's going to be an informal affair. I don't need polished slides. I just need to explain my ideas well. I think most people would be stressed by the week I'm about to have, but I'm used to it and, really, I'm just not the stressing type guy. Plus, I get to look forward to a whole week of paid vacation next week :-D.

Last weekend I started work on a Settlers of Catan web guide. I already reserved the domain www.catanguide.com. There's nothing there yet. I'll post when there's real content.

3 comments:

Willow said...

We're all looking forward to vacation! Sleep in, eat cookies.
No wonder I didn't get ahold of you last night--you were at work.
Good luck on your meeting today with the LHMs.
No flu in the tropics, although people catch colds. You trade the flu for malaria and dengue fever.

Kiti said...

I tried to call you last night, too. What are your exact vacation plans? I miss you!

It's not like I need more time-wasting stuff in my life, but I keep meaning to ask you more about the online Settlers of Catan stuff. I played Settlers, board-game style IRL. I am dedicated to becoming Geek Mom Goddess of the World.

Mama Mia said...

Good luck with your crazy week, kakak!

My public health prof has been on a research team for the flu vaccine so we learned more about the flu then we actually would ever want to. ;oP